Welcome to the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP).
ATAP is a business development program that is based on quality assurance principles that provides businesses with the necessary tools and resources to ensure ongoing sustainability and best practise.
The Program addresses many of the issues that are covered in the development of a business plan, but focuses on those key elements that are part of the day to day function of any tourism operation.
"Our aim is to help you take greater control over your business and be a successful part of the tourism industry."
- Adds value to your business.
- Recognises quality of management and involves a documentation process of your company's policies and procedures.
- Creates a consistently high level of customer service and product delivery.
- Increases your online distribution and brand awareness through an Australian Tourism Data Warehouse listing (for eligible WA operators only).
The ATAP program will:
- Provide you with information which will help you prepare a marketing and business plan.
- Help you identify the appropriate licences you require and where to get them.
- Identify Government regulations that may impact on your business.
- Assist you in managing all aspects of your business.
- Identify where you can get the latest information and assistance.
With ATAP you can:
- Make use of online learning and access resources via the Internet.
- Use information technology to interact with other tourism operators.
- Progressively complete each section of the program leading to tourism accreditation.
Make sure you click on the ‘More Info’ buttons in the program to obtain a full understanding of the information that is required in each section. If you don’t have your own policies and procedures, please utilise the sample documents and templates available throughout the program and adapt these for your business.